Yesterday we checked into Same-Day-Surgery, but not for a surgical procedure. Raylee was scheduled for a Cystrometrogram or CMG, which is a urodynamic procedure. This was a type of X-ray video to measure and analyze Raylee's bladder function. We were at the hospital for a long period of time. The test however is only an hour. This procedure is done in one of the surgical rooms so the staff have to scrub in, only this time they allowed Jerry and I to scrub in with them. We had to wear these white clothe like suits called 'bunny suits,' and the funny blue caps, Raylee thought it was silly. During the procedure we had to wear lead vests. There were around 6 medical staff. Raylee was lightly sedated for the procedure but she stayed completely awake and cried for most of it.
The results of the CMG procedure show that Raylee's bladder is larger than average but not too large that there's a health risk. It does function which is the news we wanted. I am so happy about this. This means no surgeries on her bladder. We will monitor how frequently she is able to potty and in a few weeks we have a follow-up ultrasound to ensure fluid us not backing into her kidneys. So far so good! She is doing great and I think her bladder just needed time to heal. This also means no more catheders! I can't believe how fast Raylee is bouncing back. She is sleeping better without any night terrors, which means everyone in the family is sleeping better, which means we are all happier! :) Raylee also is able to take a normal bath. Her first real bath since she was diagnosed was the other night and it lastest about an hour. She was really happy to be in the tub and splashed and kicked the water. She found that mermaid within herself again. I was soaked as well as the entire bathroom but I didn't care, she was having a blast! It was wonderful to see her happy and laughing which is something we are seeing more and more of each day.
Jorja went back to school recently. She will also start her cheerleading and dance classes soon. I am hoping these activities will boost her self-esteem as well as help her learn teamwork. She is excited for school but struggles getting out of bed. She isn't even a teen and getting out of bed for school is already a fight.
Anyway our prayers and thoughts are with those in the eastern states, to our family and friends there we hope you are safe and hope Hurricane Irene passes by fast with minimum damage. God be with you always.
NO comments on this!??? This is SO FABULOUS!! I bet you are so happy to see her feeling so much better!
ReplyDeleteWe as people, it seems, are always striving for bigger, better, more exciting things, when really what we need and thrive on most is boring, comfortable consistency! I hope that you are soon back to "normal" and can truly relax because you ALL deserve it!