Introducing Raylee and Jorja.....sisters! Raylee is our cancer baby and Jorja is her sister's keeper.

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

A Fever

Last night Raylee had a little fever so today I've watched her really closely and have checked her temperature like an over compulsive parent. I don't want her to get sick and I am really scared she may. I really don't know what's considered a low or high fever for her anymore. I know in a few more weeks Raylee's immune system won't be considered compromised as it has been, but the thought of exposing her out in public like normal brings anxiety. I know I can't shelter her forever. I have taken her to the store a few times early in the morning before a lot of people are around. I carry travel sized Clorox wipes with me and wipe the shopping cart down. I probably look like I have some type of germ phobia.

Today I was asked to go to one of the offices I work at (I rotate through different offices) and since I was home with Raylee I took her with me. They had a quilt made for her with square patches in different patterns of pink and blue. It came with a poem I will add in this blog. On the back of the poem there are sweet messages from those who went in on the quilt. They also gave Raylee a doll made of all the same materials the quilt was made of. They face Jorja a giant Teddy Bear. Giant really is an understatement for the size if thus stuffed animal, it is larger than Jorja. The girls love there gifts and won't part from them. I work with the sweetest people, seriously some of them don't even know me that well and they still were part of this. The outreach people have given my girls, and Jerry and I is remarkable! Of course Raylee showed off while we were there; it was fun to see like that.

.......................................................

Quilters Prayer

May each block represent us as persons, unique and different in every way
Fastened tight and bonded to one another, keeping cold and illness at bay
May each colorful pattern be the happiness, and love and support for one and all
Let the soft fabric be the cushion on our knees when a tough time makes us fall
When one of us is chilled in trials, let us be the quilt that makes them warm
We will wrap ourselves around you tight, to protect you from the storm
May the yarn tied around each of us be s prayer if hope, and well wishes too
Let our quilt be a gift of compassion and friendship, when you are feeling blue
For in happy times, and in sorrow we all are in this together, bonded in every seam
At the end of the day, pull up our quilt tight-and we will comfort you while you dream

...............................................

This is an amazing quilt and poem. I cried when I read it and cried again when I read the messages written on the back.

Thank you guys so much for your support and love! It means so much to us!

No comments:

Post a Comment